I was trying to think of something healthy I could eat for lunch today, and since I had some leftover brown rice from last night I decided to try making a version of the Bliss Bowl from Freshii. Of course, it didn’t taste exactly the same as the dish from the restaurant, but it was still good. Oh, and I don’t order tomatoes or red onions in my Bliss Bowl, but you certainly could add those ingredients if you want to be more authentic.
– 1 cup cooked brown rice
– 1 roasted bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces (I used a jarred version)
– 1/4 cup sautéed sliced button mushrooms (I used pickled mushrooms because it was all I had. It wasn’t great.)
– extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
– 1/2 an avocado, chopped into bite-size pieces (good luck with that…)
– crumbled chèvre goat’s cheese (to taste)
– balsamic vinegar (to drizzle)
– salt and pepper (optional)
Warm the rice in your serving bowl if using leftovers. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, and a drizzle of olive oil. Heat in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Add the avocado and goat’s cheese, then drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Be light-handed with the vinegar or it will overpower the other ingredients. If you choose to use pickled mushrooms, use less vinegar or your dish will be too acidic. Add salt and pepper if desired.
EDIT 09/04/13: I made it for lunch again today, this time with fresh mushrooms. So much better…