Pita chips are super versatile and very easy to make. Yes, I know you can buy them in stores but I prefer to make my own because it’s cheaper!
In my opinion, nothing goes better with pita chips than hummus! I don’t have my own hummus recipe, so I used Michael Smith’s (see above for link).
How to make Pita Chips:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut the pitas into triangles (easiest way: cut the circle in half, then half again, then half once more)
3. Put the triangles into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season as desired (I just use sea salt usually)
4. Spread the triangles out on a sheet pan, bake for 6 minutes or until crunchy. I try not to overcook mine because I find they become hard instead of crunchy.
5. Let the chips cool the serve with hummus. Chips can be stored for a few days in a zip-top bag.