Big Daddy’s Crab Shack and Oyster Bar
Cuisine: Cajun Seafood
This place is so cozy! Lot’s of artwork on the walls featuring jazz musicians, hanging baskets and embossed copper tin tiles on the ceiling.
What We Ate:
– Coconut Chicken: with charred jalapeno and orange dipping sauce
– Cheese and Asparagus Stuffed Ravioli: In a basil garlic fondue, topped with a ragout of mushrooms and served with garlic toast.
– Triple Berry Crumble: mixed berries covered with a buttery granola and served warm with ice cream
DINNER (for 4 people)
– Clam Chowder: served with oyster crackers
– House Salad: mixed greens with Big Daddy’s Vinaigrette
– 8oz New York Striploin: with sweet potato fries, seasonal vegetables and a red wine cracked pepper sauce
– Fettuccine Natasha: tossed in a smoked salmon roasted red pepper vodka cream sauce
– Lindt Chocolate Ice Cream
– Mississippi Mud Pie: their own creation of baked marshmallows, served warm with chocolate drizzle
– Apple Crumble: Served warm with cinnamon sugar and vanilla ice cream
My Favourite Item…
Their clam chowder is absolutely delicious! It’s creamy and rich, and not too “fishy”. I ordered it on both my visits.
– The coconut chicken skewers were moist and crunchy, went really well with the dipping sauce.
– The popcorn shrimp is also very tasty, has a great sauce
– The best dessert out of all the ones we tried was the Mississippi Mud Pie. It’s sweet and decadent!
– The lindt ice cream is also really good